Here is some information on the vaccine from the CDC.
- The CDC has developed a tracking tool for the vaccine called, v-safe. People who receive the vaccine can track with v-safe through their smart phone. This app will help the CDC monitor any safety issues that arise with COVID-19 vaccines.
- Two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine will be needed for a complete treatment of the vaccine.
- Because supply of the vaccine is limited, the first round will go to medical workers and residents of long-term care facilities.
- After taking the vaccine, it is normal to experience side effects. The side effects may feel like the flu, but can be expected to diminish in a few days.
- Cost will not be a hurdle in order to receive the vaccine. Tax payer money will buy doses of the vaccine for the public for free.
- While the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine has been approved for emergency use, there are other vaccines in development.
- It is important to continue using all the tools we have to fight COVID-19. Wearing masks and social distancing, and hand-washing remain vital to protecting ourselves and each other from the virus.
For more details, please go to the CDC website.