MISSION AND GOALS OF
PACIFICA AFFILIATE NETWORK
The Pacifica Affiliate Network is a mutually supportive community of independent radio stations and production groups who cooperate to create and broadcast community media. We advance community- building and citizen participation by giving voice to the unique residents, visions, and environments in our local areas and raising them to a national platform.
1. Message and Culture
- Pacifica’s mission to contribute to a lasting understanding between nations and individuals of all nations, races, creeds and color.
- Pacifica’s mission to provide outlets for the creative skills and energies of community and propagate new grassroots community media in underserved parts of the country.
- Pacifica’s mission to promote and aid other creative activities which will serve the cultural welfare of the community and partner with parallel national democratic media organizations nationally and internationally.
- Pacifica’s mission to distribute public information, reaching diverse and remote audiences.
- Pacifica’s mission to be self-sustaining; sharing this mission with affiliates, and contributing to sustaining and helping community radio flourish as a medium
- Provide central operations for leveraging the size and scale of our network for building income and fundraising and additional income streams for community radio.
- Serve as an initial contact for people wanting to relate to Pacifica Network.
- Promote and market Pacifica Foundation Radio and Pacifica Network.
- Operate as a network-building hub for communication, outreach, and partnerships.
- Provide network coordination and strengthen network communication.
- Help the organization and network stations address unanticipated needs and emergencies.
5. Talent and Resources Development
- Stimulate production of grassroots radio content, assisting, and utilizing talent.
- Provide a platform for attracting and facilitating resources and funding opportunities and people who want to contribute to community radio, utilizing a diversity of network sources.