Fifty Years of Captivation
September 2016 marked the 50th anniversary of Star Trek. Fifty years after William Shatner made his first captain’s log, the power of Star Trek is still felt across generations. What makes this series so captivating decade after decade?
Dave Marinaccio is an international bestselling author and successful marketing business entrepreneur. His bestselling book, All I Really Need To Know I Learned From Watching Star Trek, is drawn from his long career in the advertising business.
Marinaccio is also co-founder and SVP, CCO of Laughlin Marinaccio & Owens in Arlington, VA. He is an Edward R. Murrow Award recipient and has given lectures at The Smithsonian, IBM, and Star Trek conventions. He is a regular contributor on marketing issues at News Channel 8 in DC.
Talking with Dave Marinaccio
Marinaccio is able to have a discussion that includes the following:
- Each person or each species, no matter how alien, has the right to live their lives as they wish (as long as they’re not trying to take over the galaxy or eat you or something)
- Whatever you are doing, answer a distress call. The most important time to help someone is when they need it
- If you can keep your head in a crisis then you’ve got a fighting chance
- The unknown is not to be feared. It is to be examined, understood and accepted
- Close friends become family and family is the true center of the universe
If you are interested in an interview with Dave Marinaccio, contact:
856-489-8654, ext. 325